Nic graduated from the University of Tasmania with a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws. He completed his Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice at the Centre for Legal Studies in Hobart and was admitted to both the Supreme Court of Tasmania and the High Court of Australia.
Prior to joining Ogilvie Jennings Nic had clerked at law firms in Hobart and Sydney while working part time in Taxation.
Nic practices in the following areas:
- Civil Litigation
- Workers Compensation
- Criminal Law as well as restraint and family violence matters
- Industrial law;
- Estate Litigation; and
- Family Law
Nic has experience in numerous court and tribunals including but not limited to;
- The Supreme Court of Tasmania;
- The Magistrates Court of Tasmania;
- The Federal Court of Australia;
- The Federal Circuit Court of Australia;
- The Family Court of Australia
- The Fair Work Commission;
- The Guardianship & Administration Board.
Nic is focused on providing advice to his clients that help them to avoid disputes in the first instance.
Outside of practice, Nic enjoys camping throughout Tasmania, travelling and attending local music events.
Nic is available at our Hobart office and at Glenorchy and Kingston by request.
Bachelor of Economics & Bachelor of Laws
University of Tasmania
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (03) 6235 0800