Trevor has practised in family law since 2008 and has established a strong reputation of delivering timely, practical and understandable advice with an emphasis on results. His practice covers all areas of family law with a focus on financial matters and the estate planning aspects of family law, through the preparation of financial agreements.
He regularly appears as an advocate and counsel in courts and tribunals both at first instance and appellate levels. He undertakes work as an Independent Children’s Lawyer and Separate Representative Lawyer.
Trevor has been recognised by his peers in the Doyles Guide for Tasmania in recent years including 2021.
Beyond his family law practice, Trevor provides advice and conducts disciplinary litigation under the Legal Profession Act.
Trevor has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, the legal profession. He is:
- President of the Law Society of Tasmania
- Chair of the Law Society’s CPD Committee.
- Chair of the Law Foundation of Tasmania.
- A member of the Family Law Section Executive of the Law Council of Australia.
- A lecturer in Family Law Practice and Procedure, Tasmanian Legal Practice Course, and former Unit Coordinator and Lecturer in Charge in University of Tasmania’s Master of Profession Accounting program.
Outside the law Trevor is enjoys collecting contemporary art and is an avid music fan.
Bachelor of Commerce & Bachelor of Laws
University of Tasmania
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (03) 6235 0800