Our Construction Disputes team works closely with construction companies, building owners, developers, individual contractors and home-owners to effectively manage contractual and commercial risk. Where disputes arise, we recognise that they need to be dealt with effectively, quickly and discreetly to keep works on schedule and to budget.
We bring a commercial focus to construction disputes, recognising the early signs of a dispute, and proactively managing issues and avoiding, where possible, lengthy and expensive litigation.
Our construction law team will always prefer a dispute resolution method that preserves both reputation and relationships. We regularly act in Security of Payment adjudications, and maintain good relationships with expert engineers, arbitrators, and adjudicators.
Our construction team has specific experience in:
- Dispute Resolution, adjudication and recovery under the Security Payments Act 2009 (Tas)
- Mediation and expert determination
- Expert appraisal/determination
- Case appraisal
- Negotiation strategies
- Construction arbitrations throughout Australia and internationally including in Asia
- Contracts and claims advice including delay, disruption, acceleration, suspension, and termination.